To: CVF-NEWS
From: Kim Alexander
Subject: say "hi" to the new prez of CVF
Date: Monday, January 26, 1998

Hi Folks:

Although the shine may have worn off the title a bit over the past week, I am nonetheless pleased to announce that the California Voter Foundation's Board of Directors has elected yours truly to be President of the California Voter Foundation. David Jefferson of Digital Equipment Corporation will continue to serve in his role as CVF Board Chairman. These changes have resulted from a reorganization process CVF began last summer. Though my title has changed, my duties will remain the same.

As Margaret Mead once said, "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever does." I have been fortunate to have such a group of people serving on the CVF Board of Directors who help govern this organization and ensure that we make the most of the extraordinary opportunities that lie before us.

Many, many thanks are due to Ruth Holton, Germaine Wong, Michael Twombly, Jim Hickman, Ray Kiddy, David Jefferson and Stephen Levine for their service on the CVF Board of Directors, along with former board members Susan Clark, Mark Capitolo, Ernie Hawkins, Dawnie Andrak, Jim Muldavin, and Jim Warren. Thanks to all for your hard work and dedication to CVF's mission to better inform and engage the people of California.

The year ahead promises to be an exciting and important one for CVF, and I look forward to keeping CVF-NEWS subscribers informed of our plans for organizational growth, which will include expanding the CVF staff and Board of Directors, and implementing a membership program to sustain CVF's work for many years to come.

Here's wishing for a presidency free from lawsuits and media feeding frenzies.....

Kim Alexander, President, California Voter Foundation
kimalex@netcom.com
(916) 325-2120

home what's new linkssearch contact us

© 1998, California Voter Foundation